Thursday 25 July 2013

A bit of a tidy

I have loads of ideas in my head, but I really need to tidy my bead tray...

I will be making some more bead sheets later, but I have that many bits of paper ready to cut and make into beads I really do need to get those out of the way first.

My new bead roller arrived yesterday, well it's made so much difference to rolling the beads, my fingers and thumbs don't hurt anymore.  You can purchase one from Just Jenn Designz HERE


I have been testing which is the best way for me to seal and varnish my beads, I've tried so many different ways.  I use to use PVA glue to stick the ends of my beads when rolling, but I've change to a glue stick, it's a lot easier and cleaner and probably cheaper.  I then use the PVA glue to smooth out all the little edges on the bead before coating with varnish, this has made the beads more glass like.  The jury is still out on which coating to use to get a lovely gloss, I do like anita's 3d embossing gloss but it's gone a bit gluppy in the heat making it difficult to apply, so I am at this moment in time testing a product which I purchased here in Spain, it's a varnish but a little bit like PVA glue but not!!!!, I've dipped some of my beads and hung them out to dry, I will let you know what I think later.

No comments:

Post a Comment